Latest Announcements

♦ SBA offers low-interest disaster loans to businesses of all sizes, most private nonprofit organizations, homeowners and renters.
♦ Businesses may borrow up to $2 million for any combination of property damage or economic injury.
♦ SBA offers low-interest working capital loans (called Economic Injury Disaster Loans) to small businesses, small businesses engaged in aquaculture and most private nonprofit organizations of all sizes having difficulty meeting obligations as a result of the disaster.
♦ If you are a homeowner or renter, FEMA may refer you to SBA. SBA disaster loans are the primary source of money to pay for repair or replacement costs not fully covered by insurance or other compensation.
♦ Homeowners may borrow up to $200,000 to repair or replace their primary residence.
♦ Homeowners and renters may borrow up to $40,000 to replace personal property.
♦ Begin by registering with FEMA, if you haven’t already done so, call (800) 621-3362.
♦ Homeowners and renters should submit their SBA disaster loan application, even if they are not sure if they will need or want a loan. If SBA cannot approve your application, in most cases they refer you to FEMA’s Other Needs Assistance (ONA) program for possible additional assistance.
After you register with FEMA
♦ Apply online using the Electronic Loan Application (ELA) via SBA’s secure website at:
♦ Apply in person at any Disaster Recovery Center and receive personal, one-on-one help from an SBA representative. For additional information or to find a location near you visit our website at: or call SBA at (800) 659-2955. Individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing may call (800) 877-8339.
♦ Apply by mail: complete a paper application and mail it to SBA at:
14925 Kingsport Rd., Ft. Worth, TX 76155-2243.
Presidential 06/2015
U. S. Small Business Administration
♦ Si usted es un dueño de hogar o inquilino, FEMA lo puede referir con SBA. Préstamos para desastre de SBA son la fuente principal de dinero para pagar por los costos de reparación o reemplazo por daños que no estuvieron cubiertos por un seguro u otra compensación.
♦ SBA ofrece préstamos a bajos intereses a dueños de hogares, inquilinos, negocios de todos tamaños y organizaciones privadas sin fines de lucro.
♦ Los dueños de hogares pueden recibir préstamos de hasta $200,000 para reparar o reemplazar su residencia principal.
♦ Los dueños de hogar e inquilinos pueden recibir préstamos de hasta $40,000 para reemplazar propiedad personal.
♦ Los negocios pueden pedir prestado hasta $2 millones para cualquier combinación de los daños materiales o económicos.
♦ SBA ofrece préstamos para capital de trabajo a bajos intereses (llamados Préstamos para Perdidas Económicas) a los pequeños negocios, los pequeños negocios dedicados a la acuacultura y la mayoría de las organizaciones privadas, sin fines de lucro de todos los tamaños que tienen dificultades para cumplir las obligaciones como consecuencia del desastre.
♦ Comience por inscribirse con FEMA, si no lo ha hecho, llame al (800) 621-3362.
♦ Los dueños de hogares e inquilinos deben enviar su solicitud de préstamo por desastre a SBA, incluso si no están seguros si van a necesitar o querer un préstamo. Si SBA no puede aprobar su solicitud de préstamo, en la mayoría de los casos, estos serán referidos al programa de FEMA’s Other Needs Assistance (ONA) para obtener posible ayuda adicional.
U. S. Small Business Administration
Después de registrarse con FEMA
♦ Aplicar en línea utilizando la Electronic Loan Application (ELA) – (Aplicación de Préstamo Electrónico), a través del sitio red seguro de SBA en:
♦ Aplicar en persona en cualquiera de los Disaster Recovery Center (Centro de Recuperación de Desastre) y reciba ayuda personal, de un representante de SBA. Para obtener más información o para encontrar un centro cerca de usted visite nuestro sitio en la red en: o llame a SBA al (800) 659-2955. Las personas sordas o con problemas de audición pueden llamar al (800) 877-8339.
Aplicar por correo: completar una solicitud de préstamo en papel y enviarlo por correo a SBA en:
14925 Kingsport Road., Ft. Worth, TX 76155- 2243.

BATON ROUGE – President Barack Obama officially granted a major disaster declaration request for 12 Louisiana parishes, making disaster unemployment assistance (DUA) available to businesses and residents whose employment or self-employment was lost or interrupted as a result of flooding that began August 11, 2016 and continues.

The president acted upon a request by Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards.

The Louisiana Workforce Commission is accepting applications for DUA from residents and businesses in the following parishes until the deadline of September 15, 2016: The parishes of East Baton Rouge, Livingston, St. Helena, Tangipahoa, Acadia, Ascension, East Feliciana, Iberia, Lafayette, Pointe Coupee, St. Landry and Vermilion.

Individuals affected in these designated-disaster areas must file DUA applications by established deadlines. DUA is available to those who:

•Worked or were self-employed or were scheduled to begin work or self-employment;

•Can no longer work or perform services because of physical damage of destruction to the place of employment as a direct result of the disaster;

•Can establish that the work or self-employment they can no longer perform was their principal source of income;

•Do not qualify for regular unemployment benefits from any state;

•Cannot perform work or self-employment because of an injury as a direct result of the disaster or

•Became the breadwinner or major support of a household because of the death of the head of household.

Applications filed after the deadline will be considered untimely and DUA benefits may be denied unless the individual provides good cause. Applicants must submit their Social Security number, check stubs and documentation to support the claim that they were working or self-employed when the disaster occurred. In some cases, additional documentation may be required. To receive DUA benefits, all required documentation must be submitted within 21 days from the date the DUA application is filed.

DUA is available from weeks of unemployment beginning August 14, 2016 and up to February 18, 2017, as long as the individual’s unemployment continues to be a result of the disaster.

To file for DUA, applicants should apply online by visiting and filing an application through the LWC’s HiRE (Helping Individuals Reach Employment) portal or by calling the Benefits Analysis Team at 1-866-783-5567 Tuesday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CDT. Due to high call volume at this time, applicants are encouraged to try the online method first. Additional information is available at

About the Louisiana Workforce Commission

The Louisiana Workforce Commission is an agency of state government that administers programs designed to enhance workforce growth and provide family-sustaining jobs for Louisiana residents. The commission monitors employment, administers unemployment compensation and tax funds, provides training resources for employers and employees and oversees worker compensation benefits. The agency also gathers and supplies information on the labor market and occupational sectors in Louisiana.


Note: This revision date does not reflect the revision date of the press release shown. Press Release postings are updated as needed and should be considered accurate as shown.

Monday, August 22 at the Yambilee Building, located at 1639 West Landry St. in Opelousas, LA DISASTER SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (D-SNAP) applications will be taken at this site....this is for ST. LANDRY PARISH RESIDENTS ONLY....Applications will be taken by last name: Monday, A-D....Tuesday, E-K....Wednesday, L-R and Thursday, S-Z....Friday A-K and Saturday L-Z.....please share..

Per the City of Eunice
Monday, August 22 at 8:30 AM, the Southeast Community Center, at 101 City Avenue in Eunice, State of LA DISASTER SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (D-SNAP) applications will be taken at this site....this is for ST. LANDRY PARISH RESIDENTS ONLY....Acadia and Evangeline Parish residents will have to wait for a temporary office to open in their Parishes.....Applications will be taken by last name: Monday, A-D....Tuesday, E-K....Wednesday, L-R and Thursday, S-Z....Friday A-K and Saturday L-Z.....please share...

RE: Debris


Many St. Landry Parish residences and businesses have been affected by recent flooding. St. Landry Parish Government is in the process of securing debris removal contracts to assist with the removal and disposal of waste from flooded properties. Disaster debris will not be removed by local residential waste contractors. People are asked to segregate waste placed at the roadside. Do not block drainage or put in ditches. Hazardous waste such as asbestos will require special handling and should not be comingled. White goods should also be kept separate.

St. Landry Parish Landfill located at 417 Solid Waste Road, Washington, LA will be accepting debris from parish residents only. Excluded items: commercial white goods, compressed gas cylinders and Freon materials.

We ask that residents remain patient during the preparation stage.

If you have any questions or concerns, please call St. Landry Parish Government at (337) 948-3688

W.K. Bill Fontenot, Jr., President
St. Landry Parish