Wisdom Road at Richard Kolder will be closed on Tuesday, May 24 to change out cross pipes for most of the day! Work should begin around 8a.m.
MUSIC & MARKET with THE “D” STREET BRASS BAND
FRIDAY, MAY 20TH IN DOWNTOWN OPELOUSAS
(Opelousas, LA) — The good times go into overdrive with the “D” Street Band for Music & Market in Downtown Opelousas on the Courthouse Square on Friday, May 20th. The featured Louisiana product is sweet dough pies. This is the final concert of the series that spotlights some of Louisiana’s best musical artists and popular fresh homegrown vegetables for purchase directly from local farmers. Beverages and food will be available as well.
From Lafayette, this ultimate party band cranks out the best of classic soul, funk and rhythm & blues from the 60's through the 80's. The 7-piece band features Grammy Award Winner, Tony Goulas.
Additional band members include: John Prados, Errol Girouard, Lonnie Bernard, Percy Bernard, Jason Gondron and Tony Ardoin.
Also, vendors will be selling a range of delicious homemade sweet dough pies including sweet potato, lemon and many more!
Louisiana Cultural Economy Foundation (LCEF) & Healthier Air for All Campaign, a program of The Louisiana Campaign for Tobacco-Free Living (TFL) have partnered to present these 100% smoke-free concerts—because all Louisianans deserve protection from secondhand smoke at work and play. Other sponsors include City of Opelousas, Bodemuller, CLECO, Louisiana Healthcare Connections, Progressive Waste Solutions, Louisiana Lottery, ZydecoOnline.com
Music & Market takes place from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m., with music beginning at 6:00 p.m. Concert-goers are welcome to bring lawn chairs for seating. The Courthouse Square is located at 118 S. Court St., Opelousas For more information or to find out about vendor opportunities, call 337-948-6263 or visit www.cityofopelousas.com.
This is the final concert of the season, but Music & Market resumes in the fall with another great line-up of local musicians including Dwayne Dopsie and the Zydeco Hellraisers.
ST. LANDRY PARISH COUNCIL
WEDNESDAY, May 18th, 2016 @ 6:00 P.M.
OLD CITY MARKET, 131 W. BELLEVUE ST.
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE & INVOCATION by Councilman Jimmie Edwards
III. ROLL CALL
V. PERSONS TO ADDRESS THE COUNCIL
VI. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Regular Meeting: Special Meeting:
April 20, 2016 May 4, 2016
VII. PARISH PRESIDENT’S REPORT
VIII. NEW BUSINESS:
*Items passed through committee.
1. Enter into an intergovernmental agreement with the Town of Grand Coteau for the purpose of cleaning ditches located on Burleigh Lane.
2. Authorize Council Clerk to advertise for one appointment to Public Works Commission District Six to replace Samuel Griffin who has resigned.
3. Discuss adding additional funding for the Council’s travel expenses.
IX. SPECIAL BUSINESS:
*Items not passed through committee.
1. Appoint Mr. Eve Malveaux to fill the vacancy of Constable 11-A to replace Ms. Cynthia Fontenot who has resigned from this position. (Council’s Office)
2. Approve job descriptions for Council Clerk and Assistant Council Clerk. (Chairman Harold Taylor)
X. ORDINANCES TO BE INTRODUCED:
XI. ORDINANCES TO BE ADOPTED:
• ORDINANCE NO. 05 OF 2016
AN ORDINANCE OF THE ST. LANDRY PARISH CODE OF ORDINANCES TO AMEND ORDINANCE 2005-0009
Amend Ordinance No. 2005-0009 to include the following street(s):
19. Pitre Road, Council District No. 3
Amend Ordinance 2005-0009 of the Parish Ordinances titled “An Ordinance of the St. Landry Parish Code of Ordinances to Establish Rules and Regulations for Erection and Maintenance of Speed Bumps as a Traffic Control Device within the Parish of St. Landry, State of Louisiana” to add the following section:
Streets and Roads to have Speed Bumps Installed:
1. Belmont Drive, Opelousas.
2. The paved portion of Jesse B. Road, Church Point, LA.
3. Thelma Drive, Sunset, LA.
4. Petite Rue De Landon
5. Alexis Drive.
6. Pavy Road
7. Tecumseh Loop
8. Perry Drive.
9. Thibodeaux Street, from the 238 Block of Thibodeaux Street to the 534 Block of McClelland Drive.
10. Chardonnay Drive.
11. Mahogany Drive.
12. OG Track, District 5.
13. Garnet Drive: from 139 Garnet Drive to 266 Garnet Drive.
14. Flag Station Road.
15. Zinfandel Drive, Council District No. 11.
16. Olivier Road, Council District No. 1.
17. Jennings Road, Council District No. 2.
18. Lafayette Avenue, Council District No. 12
19. Pitre Road, Council District No. 3
XII. RESOLUTIONS TO BE ADOPTED:
• RESOLUTION NO. 011 OF 2016
BE IT RESOLVED, that the following millage(s) are hereby levied on the 2016 tax roll on all property subject to taxation by St. Landry Parish Council:
General Alimony 3.780 mills
Exempted Municipalities 1.890 mills
Health Units 2.170 mills
Road Dist No 11A Sub 2 8.390 mills
Road Dist No 1 Ward 3 10.190 mills
Road Dist No 3 Wd 1 Sub 1 9.570 mills
Road Dist No 12 Ward 2 4.800 mills
Road Dist No 11A Sub 1 9.260 mills
Jail Parish Wide 1.000 mills
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the proper administrative officials of the Parish of St. Landry, State of Louisiana, be and they are hereby empowered, authorized, and directed to spread said taxes, as hereinabove set forth, upon the assessment roll of said Parish for the year 2016, and to make the collection of the taxes imposed for and on behalf of the taxing authority, according to law, and that the taxes herein levied shall become a permanent lien and privilege on all property subject to taxation as herein set forth, and collection thereof shall be enforceable in the manner provided by law.