How do I contact St. Landry Parish Government?
The St. Landry Parish Government offices are located in the St. Landry Parish Courthouse at 118 S. Court St. Suite 133, Opelousas, LA.
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm

Mailing Address:
P.O. Drawer 1550
Opelousas, LA 70571

Phone Number: 337.948.3688
Fax Number: 337.948.1281

How do I adopt a pet?
Adoptions are from 1:00 pm-4:30 pm, Monday-Friday at the St. Landry Parish Animal Shelter, located at 255 Hangar Rd. Opelousas.Special Saturday Adoptions will be posted on our Facebook Timeline. To view animals available for adoption, visit the following Facebook page St. Landry Parish Animal Shelter or call 337.948.6184.

How do I apply for an occupational business license?
An occupational license can be obtained through the St. Landry Parish Sheriff, at the St. Landry Parish Courthouse, 118 S. Court Street, Suite 121, Opelousas, LA. 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. 337.948.5852.

How do I obtain a building permit?
Visit the Permit section of this website for details or call 337.948.0388.

How do I apply for a passport?
Passports can be ordered through the St. Landry Parish Clerk of Court's office. One 2" x 2" picture is required, along with a certified birth certificate and a driver's license. Both parents must sign applications for minors. Normal processing time is 4 to 6 weeks for both minors and adults. Costs: $110 check or money order made payable to the Department of State, and a separate $25 cash or check to the Clerk of Court. Minors: $80 check or money order signed by a parent made payable to the Department of State, and a separate $25.00 cash or check to the Clerk of Court. Can be expedited for an additional fee of $60. Allow 2 to 3 weeks for processing.
337.942.5606 Ext. 105, 119, 121, or 135

How do I obtain a fishing license?
Visit the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries at www.wlf.louisiana.gov/licenses/fishing or 1.888.765.2602 to purchase over the phone and an instant authorization number for use the same day.

How do I obtain a marriage license?
A marriage license may be issued in any parish in Louisiana, regardless of where the nuptial is to be performed, or where the parties reside. Marriage ceremonies must take place in Louisiana. Nuptials are of record in the parish where the marriage license was issued, not in the parish where the marriage ceremony is conducted. Therefore, following the ceremony after the license is signed by the parties and the officiant, it must be returned to the Clerk of Court in the parish where the license was issued. Contact the St. Landry Parish Clerk of Court's office 337.942.5606 Ext. 128 or 139.

Who do I contact regarding trash pick-up and recycling?
Contact St. Landry Parish Solid Waste at 337.826.5211, 417 Solid Waste Road, Washington, LA 70589 

What roads are contained within the Smooth Ride Home rural road improvement program?
- Roads contained within Phase I-A
- Roads contained within Phase I-B

- Roads contained within Phase II-A
- Roads contained within Phase II-B