St. Landry Parish Council Special Meeting, Monday, December 21, 2015
December 17, 2015
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the ST. LANDRY PARISH COUNCIL will hold a SPECIAL MEETING and will be held as stated below:
DATE: MONDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2015
TIME: 5:30 PM
LOCATION: OLD CITY MARKET, 131 W. BELLEVUE ST., OPELOUSAS, LA, 70570
for the following purposes, to-wit:
1. ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 2015-021
A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE FILING OF AN
APPLICATION WITH THE LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT OF
TRANSPORTATION AND DEVELOPMENT FOR A GRANT
UNDER 49 CFR 5311, NON-URBANIZED AREA FORMULA
PROGRAM AND/OR 49 CFR 5309, DISCRETIONARY CAPITAL
WHEREAS, the Secretary of Transportation and Development
is authorized to make grants for mass transportation projects;
WHEREAS, the contract for financial assistance will impose
certain obligations upon the applicant;
WHEREAS, it is required by the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development in accord with the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, that in connection with the filing of an application for assistance that it will comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the U.S. Department of Transportation
requirements there under; and
WHEREAS, it is the goal of the Applicant that minority business enterprise be utilized to the fullest extent possible in connection
with this project, and that definitive procedures shall be established and administered to ensure that minority businesses shall have the maximum feasible opportunity to compete for contracts when procuring construction contracts, supplies, equipment, or consultant and other services:
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by St. Landry Parish Government:
1. That the Parish President is authorized to execute and file an application on behalf of St. Landry Parish Government Community Action Agency the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development, to aid in the financing of operating and/or capital assistance projects pursuant to the Rural Public Transit Program, 49 CFR 5311 and/or the Discretionary Capital Program, 49 CFR 5309.
2. That the Parish President is authorized to execute and file with such applications an assurance or any other document required by the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development effectuating the purposes of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.
3. That the Parish President is authorized to furnish additional information as the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development may require in connection with the application or the project.
4. That the Parish President is authorized to set forth and execute affirmative
minority business policies in connection with the project’s procurement needs.
5. That the Parish President is authorized to execute grant contract agreements on behalf of St. Landry Parish Government Community Action Agency with the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development for aid in the financing of the operating or capital assistance projects.
6. This resolution is applicable for a period of one year unless revoked by the governing body and copy of such revocation shall be furnished to the DOTD.
2. ENTER INTO AN INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT WITH THE TOWN OF LEONVILLE. AND AUTHORIZE PARISH PRESIDENT BILL FONTENOT TO SIGN ALL DOCUMENTS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS AGREEMENT.
BY ORDER OF THE ST. LANDRY PARISH COUNCIL /s/ Leon Robinson, Chairman
Laycie Alfred, Council Clerk
St. Landry Parish Council
P.O. Drawer 100, Opelousas, LA 70570
Telephone Number: 337-942-6863
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance, please contact Laycie Alfred or Mona Courville at 337-942-6863 describing the assistance that is necessary.